FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PERSONAL INJURY QUESTIONS
- What is ‘personal injury’?
- Why should I hire the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess over another attorney?
- I don’t have money for a lawyer. How can I afford to file a lawsuit?
- Will I meet with an attorney during my free consultation?
- What if I can’t come to your office?
- Will the things we discuss in my consultation be confidential?
- Is my case big enough to need a lawyer’s help?
- What if I need medical treatment for my injuries?
- What is a Statute of Limitations?
- What qualifications does a personal injury attorney need?
- How long does it take to settle my claim?
- How much is my case worth?
- Do I need an attorney to settle my claim, or can I do it myself?
- Do I have to take the first settlement I am offered?
- If I file a lawsuit, do I have to testify in court?
- What is a ‘statute of limitations’?
- What is pain and suffering?
- What happens if I miss time at work?