It is quite a common practice amongst insurance adjusters to coerce and convince plaintiffs into settling for surprisingly low amounts. They pressure clients into negotiating for offers that will barely cover all costs and damages.
In such cases,
- Do not agree to a low amount.
- Seek professional legal help as soon as possible, BEFORE contacting the insurance company.
- Discuss every step with your lawyer or attorney before taking any action.
- Seek professional medical help right away in case of an accident.
- Have a good idea about all damages and injuries.
- Keep all bills, receipts, and all other paperwork related to the accident at hand. Make multiple copies and keep the originals secure.