Following a truck accident, you may assume you can hold the trucking company liable for the damage and injuries you have suffered. This may make sense as companies are responsible for the actions of their employees. However, the question of who is actually responsible may not be as simple.
In the aftermath of an accident, an important goal is to obtain the best settlement and restore justice. Here are some essential steps to take after an accident:
- Stay at the accident scene: In some states, leaving the accident scene could lead to a hit-and-run case. Thus, it’s important to remain at the scene until police officials and medical help arrive.
- Call for assistance: Truck accidents lead to severe injuries. After an accident, safety needs to be your topmost priority.
- Take photos and videos: The scene of the accident contains important evidence that could help you prove you were harmed due to the negligent actions of someone else. Make sure you take photos and videos that can help tell the story of what actually happened.
- Follow all medical advice: If you’re dealing with injuries, a major goal is to care for your health. A medical report is critical while filing a claim for accident injuries.
- Get your case evaluated by an experienced truck accident lawyer: Truck accidents are complicated. Thus, it’s crucial to have someone on your side who has experience of taking on big insurance companies. Expert trucking accident attorneys in LaPlace at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have several years of experience tackling complicated cases.
Worried you can’t afford a dedicated truck accident attorney? Our LaPlace truck accident lawyers work on a contingent basis, which means that our clients don’t pay fees unless we obtain a compensation for them.
Getting involved in a car accident can be devastating on multiple levels. In the aftermath of an accident, you need to enter into dealings with a host of different parties to ensure you are compensated properly for the mishap. If you take the right steps immediately after an accident, it can make the claims process easier.
THINGS TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
- Report the accident: If you fail to report an accident, there could be many serious consequences. You may even be charged for leaving the scene of the accident. Moreover, if any damages or injuries crop up, you may find it hard to prove your case.
- Obtain information from the accident scene: After an accident, you should collect names, addresses, and contact details from drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Avoid accepting blame after an accident: Once there’s a car collision, avoid saying sorry or accepting blame for it. While filing a claim, your statement may be used against you.
- Contact your insurer: Make sure that you inform your insurer as soon as possible. Even if you don’t want to make a claim, ensure that your car insurance company knows about it.
- Seek medical attention: Whether it’s a minor fender-bender or a serious collision, it’s always advisable to seek medical attention.
WHEN IS THE PERFECT TIME TO SEEK THE HELP OF A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Every state has a specific deadline for filing a car accident lawsuit. It’s best to get in touch with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer at the earliest.
LaPlace car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess offer free initial consultation to provide you with a better understanding of the strengths of your case.
Personal injury cases are legal disputes that arise when a person suffers from damage and injuries owing to the negligence of someone else.
After an injury, it’s best to seek the assistance of an attorney at the earliest. The personal injury law helps victims recover suitable compensation for their losses such as their inability to work, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
SOME COMMON TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS INCLUDE:
- Animal bite
- Auto collision
- Maritime or Boat Accidents
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Spinal cord injuries
Every state has a particular statute of limitations with respect to filing a personal injury claim. If you fail to file a claim within this limitation window, you may end up losing the compensation you are entitled to.
SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
If you find yourself in a situation where you’ve been injured, reach out to LaPlace personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. If you’ve suffered from huge losses and major injuries, it’s important to have the assistance of well-trained and experienced lawyers.
Irrespective of how strong your case is, ensure that you select the services of a lawyer who is not afraid to take your case to court if necessary. Our personal injury lawyers use their expertise and knowledge to get you a proper settlement for the injuries and losses you have suffered as a result of the accident. We work on a contingency basis, which means we receive payment only when we resolve a case successfully.
A wrongful death is caused due to the willful or negligent act of another person. Wrongful death lawsuits are meant to compensate the surviving family members of the deceased.
If you are not sure whether you have a claim or not, Metairie wrongful death attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can help you find the answer.
WHO CAN FILE A WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT?
The list of people who are permitted to file a wrongful death lawsuit may vary from state to state. In general, such a suit may be brought by:
- Immediate family members such as spouse, children, adopted children, and parents of unmarried children
- Parents of a deceased fetus
- Partners who are financially dependent
- Domestic partners
- Distant family members such as grandparents and siblings
TYPES OF WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
- Car accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Premises liability
- Nursing home negligence
- Animal bite
SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS
Losing a loved one may be an emotional, personal, and financial burden. Moreover, if the death is caused due to an accident, it only worsens the grief. To get properly compensated after an accident, it’s important to contact a lawyer with experience of successfully handling wrongful death cases.
Reach out to our LaPlace wrongful death attorneys at the Law Offices of LaPlace wrongful death attorneys. We have a successful track record of winning millions of dollars through verdicts and settlements. The compensation we obtain can help pay for your treatment and sustain your standard of living. Even if you’re not sure about who is to blame for the mishap, it’s still wise to discuss the case with a legal professional.
We offer a free initial consultation to help determine if there’s a basis for legal filing. Our lawyers are motivated and determined to fight for your rights. Reach out to us now!
COMMUNITY RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Police and Sheriff’s Office
CONTACT A LOUISIANA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can help you with all kinds of accident cases. We’ll guide you through the claims process and help you decide what your best options are.
The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess offers personal injury assistance anywhere in Louisiana. With offices in 8 locations around the state, we are never far away. Call our Lafayette Office at 877-234-7573. Our intake specialist are available and talk to you about how we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. You can also contact us by email.