LULING INJURY LAWYER
Dealing with a minor car accident can be exhausting, so when it involves an enormous 18-wheeler, the burden is much greater. Negligence of the driver is one of the most common reasons for truck accidents. In the aftermath of a truck accident, the law provides for the restoration of justice by allowing the injured person to file for compensation.
TRUCK ACCIDENT CLAIMS PROCESS
- Investigation: When you claim compensation, the rapid response team of your insurance company immediately gathers evidence that can be used for their defense. Thus, it’s important to reach out to an experienced attorney immediately after an accident who can begin with the investigation of your case.
- Filing lawsuit and discovery: Once the legal representative files an official lawsuit, s/he may begin with the process of ‘discovery’. It includes sending requests for useful information that can help build up your case.
- Mediation or trial: In most cases, both parties agree to mediation. However, if the parties are unable to reach a settlement, a date for trial is fixed. At the end of the trial, the jury will decide the monetary damages that need to be awarded to the victim.
Luling truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have a strong track record of protecting the rights of injured victims. We understand that insurance companies stop at nothing to mitigate the value of your claim. Thus, we make sure that we leave no stone unturned to ensure that our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Luling injury attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have more than two decades of experience in handling and resolving complicated truck accident cases.
No one wants to get involved in a car accident. But unfortunately, it can happen at any time. Even a minor accident may get stressful and send the victim into a state of shock.
In the aftermath of a car accident, here are a few key things you need to do:
- Get in touch with the police: Even if there are minor or no injuries, it’s better to get in touch with the police. To file a claim with your insurance company, having a police report is mandatory.
- Make a detailed report: When a law enforcement officer arrives, make sure that you let the investigating officer know what exactly happened. Do not speculate or guess any of the facts.
- Seek medical attention: In many instances, injuries caused by car accidents are not apparent immediately. Thus, seeking medical attention is important.
- Contact your insurance provider: It’s important to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible. After an accident, your insurance provider may ask for:
- Your policy number
- The driver’s name, address, and phone number
- The driver’s insurance details
- Registration numbers of cars involved in the accident
IMPORTANCE OF SEEKING THE HELP OF A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
When you claim compensation, keep in mind that insurance carriers have teams of adjusters and lawyers who make a thorough evaluation of your injury claim. These adjusters make utmost effort to pay the minimum possible compensation. Thus, it’s essential to seek the assistance of legal representatives.
Specialized Luling car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have rich experience in protecting the rights of car accident victims. Our skilled and dedicated attorneys fight hard to ensure that our clients are fairly compensated for their losses.
If you or someone you love suffers an injury or loss of life, you may not be prepared physically and emotionally for the rigors of a lawsuit. In such a situation, a personal injury attorney can help you navigate complicated legal procedures related to your claim.
DIFFERENT STEPS OF A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM
Here’s a brief overview of the different steps in pursuing a personal injury claim:
- Screening process: It’s usually the injured party that begins the process of filing a lawsuit. During this initial process, the attorney may ask you to sign a form and will also investigate your insurance coverage. Once the case is accepted by the legal representative, s/he will gather evidence, obtain photos of the accident scene, and speak to eyewitnesses.
- Negotiations: Before filing a lawsuit, your legal representative will first contact the party at fault and determine if a settlement can be reached. If an agreement is not reached, the next step is litigation.
- Discovery: To trigger the litigation process, an attorney will carry out all the necessary paperwork and file a complaint in the court. The defendant will then receive a summons notifying them of the complaint. When the defendant responds to the complaint, attorneys on both sides start with the process of ‘discovery’. It includes gathering testimony, documents, and evidence.
- Mediation or trial: During the litigation process, mediation can occur at any time. Both sides present their cases and try to figure out if a settlement is possible. A settlement is usually reached in most cases. However, a small percentage of cases still go to trial.
If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident or due to the negligence of another person, get in touch with Luling personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. Our attorneys can help you take stock of your options and guide you through the complicated personal injury claim process.
One of the most overwhelming experiences in a person’s life is the death of a loved one. And when the death is caused due to negligence, the grief becomes unbearable. The law allows you to claim compensation in the case of wrongful death. But unless you have the support of an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer who focuses on and supports your case, it could be hard to recover legitimate compensation.
SOME EXAMPLES OF WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
- Car accidents: These are cases where a person is killed due to careless driving by another person. Negligent driving may include texting while driving or driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Medical malpractice: A medical fatality could be caused by a negligent medical practitioner.
- Unsafe working conditions: If a business owner makes his employee work in unsafe conditions which leads to the death of the worker, the owner could be held liable.
- Defective products: If a manufacturer of car parts makes defective products which then lead to car crash fatalities, they could be held accountable.
DISCUSS YOUR WRONGFUL DEATH CASE WITH A LAWYER
If you have a wrongful death case, discussing it with a knowledgeable lawyer is important. Wrongful death attorneys can help you collect necessary evidence for your case, carry out all the necessary paperwork, give you an insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your case, build a strong argument, and ease the legal burden.
Luling wrongful death attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess understand how difficult it can be for survivors in a wrongful death case. Thus, we leave no stone unturned to ensure that you get the maximum eligible compensation for your losses.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Police and Sheriff’s Office
CONTACT A LOUISIANA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can help you with all kinds of accident cases. We’ll guide you through the claims process and help you decide what your best options are.
The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess offers personal injury assistance anywhere in Louisiana. With offices in 8 locations around the state, we are never far away. Call our Lafayette Office at 877-234-7573. Our intake specialist are available and talk to you about how we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. You can also contact us by email.