HOW TO PREPARE FOR INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY
When you seek the assistance of an attorney for legal services, it’s important to ensure that you hire the right person for your case. Most law firms offer a free initial consultation enabling you to easily determine if the attorney is right for your case. Going into the meeting with some simple questions can help ensure that you find the right legal help. The more prepared you are, the lesser time it will take for the lawyer to resolve your case.
Here are some tips to help you get prepared for the consultation:
- CARRY ALL THE DOCUMENTS: It’s important to make copies of all the documents that you’ve collected. You can give these copies to the attorney.
- ORGANIZE YOUR NOTES: Draw up an outline of all your legal concerns. The attorney must have the entire details of your case to move forward in your best interests.
- BE HONEST: When you visit a legal representative, it’s crucial to provide an honest account of the matter at stake. This may include issues that are sensitive to you and your family. The conversation you have with your attorney is confidential and cannot be discussed with others without your permission.
- ASK QUESTIONS: For your lawyer to serve you better, it’s vital that you understand the nuances of your case and the legal processes involved. Remember that you have to pay for the lawyer’s time. Therefore, it’s advisable to prepare a list of questions before you go for your initial meeting with the lawyer.
- LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYER CAREFULLY: Pay attention to what the lawyer says and carefully consider the advice that is offered. Your solicitor’s advice is based on experience and legal training. Your attorney will always provide advice that has your best interests in mind.
- LEGAL FEES: One of the most important components of a legal process is the cost involved. Fee structures may be complicated so make sure you get all the details at your initial consultation. There are many attorneys who work on a contingent fee basis which means that they seek payment only when they resolve a case successfully and win monetary compensation.
Meeting a lawyer for an initial consultation may not be the right time to ask in-depth legal questions, but it’s certainly an important opportunity to sense whether the lawyer is right for your case or not. Apart from finding out more about your legal options, try and utilize the occasion to determine whether that particular attorney is the appropriate person to handle the case for you.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, CONTACT US NOW.
Call our office today for a FREE review of your personal injury case. We typically work on a contingent agreement basis, which means our fees are contingent upon the outcome of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!