Road Construction Accidents
Road construction accidents are pretty much a given with road construction. You can’t drive far before finding construction projects across Louisiana. We are all familiar with road construction that drags on for months. Sometimes, they sit half-finished for years.
Wrecks are more likely with inaccurate or missing signs, debris, and distraction. These dangerous circumstances often lead to very serious accidents. The site itself leads to hazardous conditions. Also, road construction is dangerous for those working on-site. Pedestrians are also vulnerable when they navigate these sites.
In 2014, there were 669 fatalities and 47,758 injuries. All from auto accidents in construction zones. These accidents occur for many reasons, some causes include:
- Improper Signs – Construction companies or government agencies fail to post proper warnings. Federal and state regulations require specific signage on site. As you would expect, this can cause serious accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions – Even with construction finished, poor design and conditions can cause further accidents. Indeed, road owners are liable for negligent construction and inadequate maintenance.
- Sharp Turns – Laws regulate the speed drivers should maneuver turns in roads. Sometimes, a sharp turn will surprise a driver. Especially, at higher speeds. The government or construction companies may be responsible for injuries.
- Dangerous Pavement Conditions – Sometimes, active road construction sites have uneven, or unfinished pavement. Regulations require these active sites have well-marked warning signs.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, CONTACT OUR LAFAYETTE MEDICAL MALPRACTICES LAWYERS NOW.
Call our office today for a FREE review of your personal injury case. We typically work on a contingent agreement basis, which means our fees are contingent upon the outcome of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
ROAD CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENTS CAN BE EXPENSIVE.If you’ve been in injured in an accident, Don’t Delay, Call Clay!
Accidents also result in injuries to construction workers on the sites. In fact, they account for 3% of all workplace fatalities and about 20,000 injuries each year. Primary causes were:
- Back-overs and run-overs (48%)
- Collisions between vehicles or mobile equipment (14%)
- Caught between or struck by construction equipment (14%)
If you were in a construction zone accident, you need an attorney. Road construction accidents can need expensive, long-term care and cause lost wages. Our personal injury attorneys work to help you. We will hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligence and harm. Your initial personal injury evaluation is free. If we accept your case, our attorney’s work on a contingent fee basis. Call The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess!