Personal Injury Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA
Personal injury law applies to anyone who is injured due to the negligent, intentional, and reckless actions of someone else. Personal injuries can severely impact a person’s life, thereby causing physical and emotional pain, mental turmoil, and limitations on the quality of life. Moreover, victims who sustain personal injuries are further burdened with excessive medical bills, loss of work, and future loss of earnings. The personal injury lawyers in Baton Rouge at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have decades of experience in helping clients obtain fair settlements for personal injury cases.
Common Causes Of Personal Injury Cases
L. Clayton Burgess is known for its unparalleled service towards protecting an individual’s legal rights. Our auto accident attorney in Shreveport plays a vital role in assisting victims in building a strong case and win over the challenges. From carrying out an in-depth evaluation of the damages to providing legal representation, our lawyers aim to deliver comprehensive legal support for ensuring the right compensation.
There can be various kinds of traffic accidents with various factors of cause. Our law firm has handled intricate accident cases with devastating injuries, including:
- AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS: Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury cases in the United States. Almost every day, thousands of individuals are killed in collisions involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Some of the most common causes of motor-vehicle accidents include negligent driving, speeding, reckless driving, adverse weather conditions, and unsafe road conditions.
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE: A medical malpractice case may arise when a healthcare professional offers treatment that falls below the appropriate medical standard.
- SLIP AND FALL CASES: Ideally, property owners have the legal duty to keep their properties safe. It’s important to note that not all injuries that occur on a particular property lead to liability. The liability of the landowner varies on the situation and the law in place.
- DOG BITES: Dogs are indeed friendly pets but they have the potential to cause serious and life-threatening injuries. If you get injured due to a dog bite, you are entitled to get recompense for emotional and physical pain.
Types Of Injuries In Personal Injury Cases
Some of the common injuries that occur in personal injury cases are:
- SPINAL CORD INJURIES
- BROKEN BONES
- EYE INJURIES
- INTERNAL INJURIES
- LOSS OF LIMBS
- LOSS OF MOBILITY
- SPEECH IMPAIRMENT
Compensatory Damages In Personal Injury Lawsuits
Most personal injury damages are classified as ‘compensatory’ and are intended to compensate the injured plaintiff. Common types of compensatory damages in personal injury cases include:
- MEDICAL BILLS
- PROPERTY LOSS
- LOSS OF LOVE, CARE, AND COMPANIONSHIP
- LOSS OF ENJOYMENT
- LOSS OF WAGES
Have You Suffered Severe Injuries?We Ensure to Procure a Fair Settlement Offer
Benefits Of Selecting The Services Of Our Personal Injury Attorneys In Baton Rouge
If you’ve suffered serious bodily injuries, it’s vital to get in touch with a personal injury attorney. It’s important to understand that filing a personal injury lawsuit demands specialized skill and training and an in-depth understanding of the law. Ideally, you should never file a personal injury lawsuit without the assistance of a lawyer. Here are some of the other benefits of choosing us:
- Our seasoned Baton Rouge personal injury attorneys offer all the potential clients a free and confidential consultation.
- We work with a team of investigators. They examine the nitty-gritty of each case, interview witnesses, and ensure to procure the most suitable compensation.
- As we work on a contingency fee basis, you will not have to pay any legal fees unless we win the case for you.
- Reviewing medical records, police files, and communicating with insurance companies takes a lot of time. Our attorneys handle all the cumbersome work while you focus on your recovery.
- LOSS OF WAGES
At the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess, we only aim at providing superior customer services to our clients. For further queries, call us at (877) 234-7573