- Nearly 1 in 3 accident deaths in the United States is due to speeding.
- 1 in 3 accident-related deaths involve speeding
- More than 2 million people are injured in auto accidents every year.
Statistics of Car Crashes in Louisiana
You can’t prevent every accident, but knowing about their common causes can help you avert some of them. Our seasoned car accident attorneys in Baton Rouge at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess list the statistics on vehicle accidents in the year 2017, in Louisiana:
- 138 pedestrians were killed in Louisiana.
- There were 696 deadly crashes causing 760 deaths.
- More than 1,600 motorcycles were involved in accidents and 68 people killed.
- Around 17,600 hit-and-run accidents occurred in which property was damaged. On the other hand, there were around 4,094 hit-and-run injury collisions and 49 hit-and-run deaths.
- 24 people were injured and two fatalities reported in train accidents.
- 24 people were killed in 862 bicycle accidents.
- Passenger cars accounted for 38 percent fatalities and large trucks resulted in 39 percent deaths.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Baton Rouge
With an estimated 135,000,000 cars on US roads, it’s no wonder that car accidents are quite common. About 40% of these collisions have been the result of drunken driving. Let’s take a look at some of the common types of car accidents in Baton Rouge:
- Rear-end collision: Rear-end collision is one of the most common types of car accidents that lead to whiplash injury.
- Head-on collision: Head-on collisions are more likely to result in fatalities. In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, it leads to about two percent of car accidents.
- Rollover accident: In rollover accidents, car tips over onto its side. Rollover crashes often lead to higher fatality rates and is often considered one of the deadliest accidents.
- Distracted driving: Use of cellphones, texting while driving or changing music tracks can lead to serious accidents.
Main Causes of Car Collisions
- Speeding: It’s not a surprise that most car accidents in Louisiana occur on interstates and on highways. High-speed auto accidents often lead to grievous injuries.
- Drunken driving: It is one of the most dangerous causes of accidents in Baton Rouge and throughout the United States.
- Reckless driving: Speeding, changing lanes, and driving aggressively may lead to deadly accidents.
- Adverse weather conditions: Slippery and hostile weather conditions during heavy rains often cause fatal collisions.
Have You Been Injured in Auto Accidents in Baton Rouge? If Yes, Call an Attorney, Today!
Despite knowing the causes and types of car collisions, you may still not always be able to avert deadly accidents. If you’ve sustained injuries in an auto accident, we are confident that we can help you get optimum compensation for your injury and damages. Having an experienced lawyer by your side can help you recover the maximum possible amount.
Our auto accident attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA work on a Contingency Fee Basis, which means that we charge fee only when we win monetary compensation for you. Call/visit us for further legal queries.