In 2012, there were around 21,667 deaths reported due to car crashes. Most cities around the world have hazardous roads, but some of Lafayette’s streets and intersections are unsafe enough to leave motorists horrified and sometimes even confused. If you’ve become a victim of a car accident, get in touch with our personal injury attorneys in Lafayette, LA, without the slightest delay. Here’s a list of 5 dangerous roads and intersections in Lafayette that can be used to help you avoid these risky routes while commuting.
- Roundabouts: It won’t be wrong to say that Louisiana is the ‘capital city’ of speed bumps and crossroads. The roundabouts of the city are deadly even for individuals who regularly use them. Even if you are a pro at navigating a roundabout, the inefficiency of other motorists may lead to fatal collisions.
- Pinkhook Road: The road between Evangeline Thruway and Kaliste Saloom is narrow, which often results in deadly accidents. Also, turning right to the Pinkhook is tricky because there are two right lanes.
- Road Construction Zones: Road construction in Lafayette is common. However, road construction is fatal for drivers. It’s essential that drivers slow down when crossing construction zones. Reckless drivers may need to pay fines and, in worst cases, may also end up injuring themselves as well as others.
- Kaliste Saloom and Settler’s Trace: Unfortunately, both these intersections have right-turn paths which makes them extremely dangerous. The risky part is that motorists in the outer lane often overlook the fact that they should ideally drive in the exterior lane and not look for approaching cars in the inner path. This can lead to crashes and accidents.
- Camellia Road and Johnson Street: The design of the road is not just dangerous but also tricky to navigate through. It had as many as 108 deadly car accidents in the year 2012.
It is every driver’s responsibility to, as far as possible, try and make these intersections safer and easily navigable. By focusing on the streets, obeying the speed limit, and driving defensively, we can minimize the number of accidents that occur every year.
If you or someone you know has become a victim of a car accident, get in touch with our Lafayette personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. We have a team of seasoned and dedicated attorneys who can help you to get back to normal life. Call us at (877) 234-7573 for queries.