Will the things we discuss in my consultation be confidential?
When you’re discussing your case with your attorney, you will cover a variety of topics about your life and your health.
- The type and extent of the injuries you’ve sustained
- How the accident caused your injuries
- What insurance will and won’t cover
- What witnesses were present (if any)
- Your current medical bills and medical treatments
- Your future medical treatment
- The way your life has been changed by the accident
- How the jury and judge are likely to perceive you in court
- How the defense may portray you to lower the value of the settlement
Some of these topics might make you emotional or uncomfortable. But it is important that you’re truthful to your attorney. They can’t establish a good claim for you if they don’t know all the details. They also can’t account for information that could be damaging to your claim if they don’t know about it. An open line of honest communication is the most important factor in a healthy relationship between you and your attorney. Sometimes your attorney may provide you with bad news regarding any of the above factors, but patience is key in the personal injury claims process and it is important to find an attorney who will be open and honest with you throughout the entire experience.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, CONTACT US NOW.
Call our office today for a FREE review of your personal injury case. We typically work on a contingent agreement basis, which means our fees are contingent upon the outcome of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!