Injured in a Car Accident? We Ensure to Present a Persuasive Case on Your Behalf
Unfortunately, car accidents are highly prevalent and equally deadly. High-speed car collisions are the worst leading to life-threatening injuries and even death. Car collisions occur when a motor vehicle either collides with another vehicle, a stationary object, a pedestrian, or an animal. Though modern cars have been created to protect us from sudden jolts, parts of your body can still get injured when they come in contact with objects such as seat belts, airbags, dashboard, windshield, and other components of the vehicle.
In such a situation, it’s better to get in touch with legal professionals. Baton Rouge car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can help you recover compensation for all your injuries and damage.
Common Types Of Car Accidents
- Single car accidents
- Vehicle rollover
- Rear-end collision
- Head-on collision
- Side-impact collision
- T-bone collision
- Intersection car accident
Different Causes Of Car Accidents
- Speeding: Failure to adhere to the posted speed limit is one of the leading causes of car accidents in the United States.
- Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol Or Drugs: Alcohol and drugs minimize our reflexes and that can lead to deadly collisions and road crashes.
- Distracted Driving: Distractions could either be inside or outside the vehicle (texting, calling, eating, grooming, reading or adjusting the music system while driving).
- Defective Auto Parts: When there’s a faulty part in the vehicle, it can cause the car to operate in an unsafe manner, thereby causing accidents.
- Adverse Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions can leave the roadway slippery, wet, or icy. On days of such hostile weather conditions, drivers need to pay extra attention and slow down. High winds, fog, dust storms, and torrential downpours are some of the common causes of road accidents.
Our Lawyers Aggressively Negotiate for a Fair Compensation
Steps To Follow After A Car Accident
It’s often overwhelming to handle a car accident and its aftermath. Here are a few trusted steps to educate yourself and enhance awareness:
CHECK FOR INJURIES
INFORM A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
DOCUMENT DETAILED NOTES
INFORM YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER
Process To Claim Compensation After A Car Accident
Initially, the method of making a claim after a car accident may appear daunting. As a victim, it’s best to involve a seasoned car accident attorney. Our Baton Rouge injury attorneys are adept at handling the complicated claims process. Here are some steps to follow when claiming compensation:
- Arrange a thorough medical examination to determine the severity of injuries and estimated time of recovery.
- Discuss the complete accident case with our car accident attorneys in Baton Rouge.
- Maintain all documentation and reports associated with the accident, such as:
- >> Notes about the road traffic accident
- >> Photographs of your injuries and damage
- >> Prescription and receipts related to medical care you received
- >> Receipts of all miscellaneous costs such as paying for taxi service, cancelling airline tickets due to the injury
Letter from your employer validating your loss of work and wages
Let’s Evaluate Your Case
If you are fighting for your rights, you’re not alone. Our Baton Rouge car accident attorneys work on your behalf and for your benefit. We pride in a team of aggressive lawyers who ensure that your side of the story is heard and you get compensated for all the losses. Having an experienced and articulate lawyer by your side can help you in obtaining a fair resolution that you are entitled to.